Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Rookie Wife {I said the same, in different words}

First, watch this video. Don't worry. It's short. :)

"What did you write on my sign?"
"I wrote the same, just in different words."

I can't tell you how many arguments we have had that have included the phrase, "it's not what you said, it's how you said it."

Wives that watch their tone, attitude and intention can afford to be honest. Her honesty is appreciated in her home because it comes from a place of love. Many times I have wanted to word vomit in moments of suffocating frustration but I knew anything I verbalized would be intended for hurt. It's not what I wanted to speak up about, it's HOW I wanted to speak.

Don't you just love that video? The first time I saw it I was like, "What did she write? What did she write!" And I cried. Big surprise.

I really think it speaks for itself.
Does HOW you speak to your husband portray bitterness? Anger? Understanding? Grace? Does it show in the words themselves?

It's healthy to address the hard stuff. Correction! It's not healthy, it's necessary. Money, sex, family, the list goes on and on. All are sensitive subjects and deserve well orchestrated thoughts. Think twice about HOW you talk about your husband's mama. :)

When the road gets rocky and words aren't warranted remember Rookie Wife's mantra.
"It is my job to love my husband. It is God's job to make him a good man."

If you speak up remember, "it's not what you say, it's how you say it."

Well, sometimes it's what you say. More on that later. ;)

Love, Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment